In these days we can see more and more bodybuilders who consider protein as one of the most important components for intake. Protein is an essential intake in a diet. It plays a major role in the growth of Hair, Nails and repairing tissues. Compared to other components like Fat, Carbohydrates, our body majorly needs Protein.
What is Protein Shake?
Protein Shake has powdered form of protein, which is a combination of soy, whey and much more. Most of the protein powder has Whey since it is easily soluble both in water and milk. Now, most of the gyms have started selling protein shakes. It has a large amount of sugar, chocolate flavor and many more things which make it tastier than the one we prepare our self.
Benefits of Protein Shakes:
- Consuming Protein Shake is one of the easiest ways to increase your intake of Proteins.
- For body builders, Protein plays an essential role in the growth of muscles. Protein shakes are recommended in all the gyms.
- Protein helps in the manufacturing of hormones, enzymes, and many other immune-system components.
- It helps us to build our bones and even helps to increase the blood flow.
- Using Protein Shakes occasionally as a replacement for meals can help you in losing unwanted fat from your body.
- It helps in maintaining the fitness of your body.
- Various studies have concluded that protein helps in fighting some forms of cancer.
- In some cases, consumption of protein can also be a stress reliever. This can be a better depression fighter when compared to liquor.
- It plays a major role in the growth of nails, hair and even in repairing tissues.
The Best time for Protein Intake:
For body builders, after a heavy workout, your muscles will start healing and your body may need some protein. So the best time to take a protein shake is after a workout since it can be a fuel for your muscles to do their work. It is also good to have Protein shake before going to bed because when you sleep your body has no other work to do and so it slowly makes use of the proteins. It is also a better idea to have it with your breakfast since your body needs the energy to run the whole day.
Though intake of Protein shake helps in many ways, we should also be aware that “Too much of anything, is good for nothing”, Huge amount of protein consumption may result in heart problems. If you get enough proteins from your daily intake, you don’t need any supplements. So it is always better to check with your doctor before including Protein supplements in your daily diet.